Will and I are at an Internet cafe right now while Annette rests from our travels for today to Fisole, which is a little and very scenic town just out side of Florence. This was our last big trip/stop in Italy; tomorrow, we get on the train toward Mittenwald.
And, to top it all off, I figured out how to upload photos. I think. Anyway, these images are all gigantic– I don’t think this semi-ancient PC has any way for me to edit them down– so be aware that the links you click here will open big images. Oh, and I don’t have my guide book so I might have to correct some of the “facts” of what we are seeing later.
Okay, away we go:
- Picture of Roman Ruins Theater in Fisole Part if this is a new amplitheater, but part of it is Roman from around 100 BC or so.
- Beautiful hills around Fisole and Tuscany.
- Bell tower of the cool and relatively small church in Fisole. The tower is way out of proportion to the rest of the church.
- Will and Annette in front of Roman ruins. See, Fisole is actually a much older town than Florence. These are ruins of Roman baths and on this site, there are more ruins of the Etruscians, who predate the Romans. Old old stuff!
- Pretty views.
- Another pretty view, this one from the archeological museum we toured.
- Annette in a restaurant with a (you guessed it!) a view. I liked the food here better than Annette did, but I have to say that on the whole, my favorite meals have been made with stuff we have bought in the market and ate in our lovely apartment/hotel.
I tried to upload a bit of video I took with my little camera, but it didn’t seem to work. Oh well, maybe in Germany….
One thought on “As we leave Italy….”
Those pictures are fantastic… I’m glad you’re having such a good time.