stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
Category Archives: Food
Pizza is interesting in that you have connoisseurs who fetishize all aspects of this relatively simple food, and you also have people whose concept of pizza is limited to Dominos or Little Caesars. If you are a connoisseur, chances some of what … Continue reading
Dear Ticketmaster, Tony Bennett, and Deathcab for Cutie; I’m writing about a concert my wife Annette and I attended on August 24 at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, a show that was supposed to have featured the band Deathcab for … Continue reading
Gawker has published a couple of stories about disgruntled and generally former Whole Foods employees, here and here. The short version is some of these folks are not happy about Whole Foods behavior toward its employees, the environment, recycling, and … Continue reading
This is kind of scattered because I started it over a cup of coffee Monday morning and finished it Wednesday morning before meeting meeting meeting/grading grading grading. I’m super DUPER busy with wrapping up the winter term. The last day … Continue reading
We had a later than usual Pepper Nuts session here at the Krause-Wannamaker house today. We were in Florida for Christmas proper this year, and, because of changes on the Krause side of things at Thanksgiving and less than great … Continue reading
Annette and Will and I had a Thanksgiving of just the three of us and at home for the first time in…. heck, I think the first time ever. There was one year quite a while ago where I recall … Continue reading
Well, “my farm” may be a bit of a stretch, but just the other day, someone via Facebook posted this New York Times article about Tantré Farm, “Field Report: Will Work for Food.” Tantré Farm is where Annette and I … Continue reading
School starts again next week (after Labor Day), and I’ve mostly been figuring out the classes I’ll be teaching this coming term, along with a few other miscellaneous new term things. But I thought I’d pause for a moment to … Continue reading
We have returned from just shy of a week at “The Inn” at “The Homestead,” which is up in Glen Arbor, Michigan. Here’s a link to a Flickr set of pictures. Some thoughts more or less as they occurred on … Continue reading