stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- Here’s what I think grades mean; what do you think?
Category Archives: Family
The case of the child wandering into the enclosure for Harambe the gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo brought back the memory of the time when Annette and I lost Will at the mall. He was somewhere around two and a … Continue reading
We went to Glen Arbor Stayed in a Homestead condo, on Sleeping Bear Bay. Off-season, we had the complex and the beach to ourselves. It was odd. Cool, mostly sunny, but so buggy with midges. That is off-season. Working outside meant buggy gnatty midge … Continue reading
I can’t remember the last time I went this long without posting anything to my blog. It’s not as if I have been that crazy-busy with other projects– though I have been pretty crazy-busy. And oddly, with EMUTalk.org closed up and the … Continue reading
One of my goals (one of many, far too many, goals) during the sabbatical is to post more here– probably still mostly about higher ed and MOOCs, but hopefully other stuff too. I think it would be a good idea … Continue reading
And by cruising, I do not mean an illicit sexual activity, nor do I mean the sort of thing that high school kids used to do in their cars up and down University Avenue in Cedar Falls when I was a teenager. … Continue reading
Annette and Will and I came back home from Paris yesterday, which means I am uncertain as to what time it is right now. My clock (when I started this) says 5:50 AM, six hours behind where I was yesterday … Continue reading
Annette and Will and I went and saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers on June 1 and then Annette and I saw Radiohead just this past Monday. Besides putting me way WAY over my usual “one big arena rock show … Continue reading
Normally, Christmas is an “every other year” thing with different sets of parents: one year we go to Iowa, the next year we go to Florida. But because of the way the holiday fell this year, because we decided to … Continue reading
MY millions of loyal readers will recall that I said I wasn’t going to post until after the Christmas season, kind of in an effort to get away from teh Internets for a while. You can tell how well that’s … Continue reading