stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
Category Archives: Funny
Remember Weird Al? Yeah, me neither. Well, no– that’s not true. Of course I “remember” Weird Al from lots of different parodies over the years, all the way back to “My Bologna” to “Like a Surgeon” to his latest releases that … Continue reading
I have posted here once in a while about public speaking and conference presentations– how it’s bad for people to just read papers, but it’s also as bad (maybe worse) for people to just “wing it” since very few of … Continue reading
I have a variety of things I want to blog about– some reading on competing networks of assessment, a bunch of links I need to put someplace– and I have a variety of other things I need to do/stop procrastinating … Continue reading
With all the news about delicious going belly-up (or not?), it seems more important than ever for me to park some links here that I want to keep track of: From Mashable, a cool map showing Facebook relationships. Social media … Continue reading
Via boing-boing, The Alot is Better Than You at Everything, from a very funny blog called hyperbole and a half. Tweet
I have been procrastinating from cleaning my office by a) teaching (well, that’s kinda my job, so that doesn’t count as procrastination), and b) looking through some piled up google reader links. So in an effort to put off office … Continue reading
So, on one of my many errands today, I was in the Food (W)hole with a cart full of provisions– not a mountain of shopping (that would come later at Costco), but a fair amount. I was searching for an … Continue reading
This is amusing, though with Glen Beck and fellow tea-baggers not understanding that various governmental czars are not really “Czars,” it strikes me as rather risky. I wonder if this will turn up on Fox as being true? Protect Insurance … Continue reading
I thought this was a lot of fun to read/learn about (while I should have been doing other things): First, there’s this amazing water slide video: This is fake, and I guess that’s kind of common sense, really. But what … Continue reading