I have posted here once in a while about public speaking and conference presentations– how it’s bad for people to just read papers, but it’s also as bad (maybe worse) for people to just “wing it” since very few of us are actually good at that. But the main reason I’m posting this here is as a “note to self” and also as something that I think might make a good teaching tool in the next class I teach that involves student presentations. As is usually the case, ze frank offers advice that is both humorous and extremely useful.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later