I’m cleaning up my email this morning, and thought this might be a good place to put a link to Concentrate, which is a local start-up/blog/web site aimed at promoting various businesses and enterprises. There isn’t much there yet, though one thing it makes me think about for teaching the Writing for the World Wide Web course is search engine optimization. There’s an article here about an area company that does this stuff, and as I put the schedule for this course together this week, it makes me think that maybe I ought to see if one of these folks would like to participate in the online discussion a bit during the course.
I'm a writer and a professor at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. You can learn more than you want to learn about me by clicking on "about." You can contact me by sending email to skrause at emich dot edu.I'm also "sitedad" at EMUTalk.org, which is an unofficial blog for and about the community at EMU.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Enough with the “no laptops in classrooms” already
- Talking Back to the EMU-AAUP About Yik-Yak
- Salaita and the limits (or lack thereof) of academic speech on social media
- In which I needlessly weigh in on academic searches and “the humanities”
- A short vacation post about academics on Twitter, @saragoldrickrab, and what our students don’t know
- Wanted: Assistant Professor, Rhetoric and Writing with an Emphasis in Technical Communication
- ASU’s edX MOOC deal: Lots of links and a few thoughts