There’s a discussion going on the WPA-L mailing list right now about advice for PhD programs; the basic request was to come up with a “top 10” list of PhD programs in composition and rhetoric, but it would appear to me that most people on the list resisted that temptation pretty quickly. As they should, of course. This did bring back for me this post from a month ago, but I liked this post from Paul Kei Matsuda’s blog that Mike Garcia of a “top 10” of advice on what to think about when choosing a PhD program. This is a heck of a lot more useful than a list of ten schools that may have or may not have earned their reputations.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later