… not a bad summary of blogging in general: “Blogs,” by Sarah Boxer in the New York Review of Books. I don’t agree with all of it for all kinds of different reasons, and I think it is an example of the classic mistake that the popular press always seems to make when talking about blogs– that is, they try to define them in some kind of relationship with journalism, and it is usually defined in negative terms. But it would probably be a good introductory reading to assign to get the “what are these blog things, anyway?” conversation going.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later