Via this entry on Alex’s blog, I came across a list of the “Top 25 ‘Strangest’ College Courses” (many of which don’t sound that strange to me, frankly), and clocking in at #25, was a course at Pitzer College called “Learning from YouTube.” I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet, but there is a YouTube site for it here. I’m going to have a unit on things like YouTube in my current Computers and Writing, Theory and Practice class, and this is going to be one of the first sites I browse when I start figuring out what I’m going to include. Looks cool to me.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
- Ave Maria, Florida: A brief photo tour