A couple of different people have commented to me about my rather ambitious spring/summer to do list. So I thought I’d post a bit of an update on how it’s going:
- Lose weight. It’s going a bit better. Depending on the scale, etc., I’m down about 8 to 9 pounds. I’ve been hitting the gym a bit more regularly now. Slow but steady, I suppose….
- Write book about eating. I’ve done a bit, but not much. I’ve been spending more time actually reading about competitive eating, and I kind of feel like that’s helping me think about a novel version of it all. And lately, I’ve been thinking more about a book proposal on blog writing, which is something that is more of an “official” and/or professional writing project.
- Get up stupid early. Well, no and yes. I basically can’t get enough sleep if I get up that early every day, so I’ve been setting the alarm at 5 am three or so days a week. I normally just wake up by about 6:30 anyway.
- Not touching the computer on Sundays. Well, given that I’m typing this on Sunday, that’s obviously gone out the window. Maybe I’ll get back to that sooner than later….
- House cleaning, house maintenance. Some progress on this one. I rearranged half of the basement (the other half is still a bit of a mess) and we’ve made quite a bit of progress on the yard. I don’t think I’ll be painting until after we get back from Europe at the earliest, though.
- Italian phrases. Eh, not yet. Maybe when we get closer to actually going. I kind of think that we need to start doing a bit more planning of what we’re going to do when we get there though. I had a student who went to Europe last year and he bought all of his tickets for different museums and such online; seems like an idea to me….