stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
Category Archives: Travel
I was in Rochester, New York last weekend for the annual Computers and Writing Conference at St. John Fisher College. This was not my first rodeo. I think I have about 20 different presentations at probably about 12 different meetings, maybe … Continue reading
We went to Glen Arbor Stayed in a Homestead condo, on Sleeping Bear Bay. Off-season, we had the complex and the beach to ourselves. It was odd. Cool, mostly sunny, but so buggy with midges. That is off-season. Working outside meant buggy gnatty midge … Continue reading
I was in Arkansas this past weekend for a meeting/work session/subject area consulting event that’s part of a program sponsored by the NICERC— it’s a long story, but it’s been an interesting opportunity for me to participate in something that … Continue reading
Last week, I was in Naples and Capri, Italy to attend the Federica Web Learning International MOOC Conference. My brief talk/presentation/position statement (everyone just gave small talks) was more or less called “A Small View of MOOCs: A Limited Look at … Continue reading
I went to the HASTAC conference this week/weekend instead of the Computers and Writing conference (also this week/weekend) mostly because of geography. HASTAC was at Michigan State, which is about an hour drive from my house. Computers and Writing (let’s call … Continue reading
Just like last year, my CCCCs was again fairly MOOC-centric and included the usual suspects. My thoughts/recollections on the few days there: Unfortunately, I am likely to remember this CCCCs years from now as the one where there was a horrible … Continue reading
And by cruising, I do not mean an illicit sexual activity, nor do I mean the sort of thing that high school kids used to do in their cars up and down University Avenue in Cedar Falls when I was a teenager. … Continue reading
I had an educational/fun time at the Computers and Writing Conference last week in Pullman, and I promise I’ll get to that after the jump. But let me get some complaining out of the way first. I still wish that … Continue reading
Annette and Will and I came back home from Paris yesterday, which means I am uncertain as to what time it is right now. My clock (when I started this) says 5:50 AM, six hours behind where I was yesterday … Continue reading