What and Where:
Bezzy’s | 20 N. Washington Street | Ypsilanti, MI | 734-485-9625
Ratings (1=terrible, 5=mind-blowingly great)
Price (1=super cheap, 5=super expensive):1.5
General vibe: 4
- It’s been a long time since I wrote any restaurant reviews around here. I don’t completely know why; it’s not as if I stopped going out to eat. Maybe it’s because I’ve been playing around with Yelp a fair amount lately. Anyway, Annette and I went out tonight and started talking about reviewing restaurants again, so here I am.
- Basically, it’s a breakfast/lunch/coffee shop sort of place, though they are to 7pm. I guess I don’t see it as a place for dinner.
- I’ve only been for breakfast for a couple of times, and all I can tell you for sure is that the various versions of French Toast they have are insanely good. Baked and sweet and nutty (pecans), it’s excellent and it is not a crazy sized portion, either. Highly recommend.
- Generally, this is a lunch place for me. I really like the Avocado BLT a lot, but they always have great soup (pretty much changes every day), so I like to get either the half-sandwich and soup or the salad/soup combo. I’m partial to the Beezy’s salad. Get an extra plate though– it’ll make eating the salad a lot easier.
- Great coffee– they carry the Intelligentsia Coffee, which I think is fantastic– though I only get coffee (no espresso drinks). The wifi is okay (Ypsi Free Wireless), but that’s okay (or not?) because it’s not really a good place to work for a long time. It is kind of a coffee shop, but more a cafe, if that makes sense.
- Oh, parking-wise: take a look at the map and park behind.