“Why I Blog” by Andrew Sullivan is an Atlantic Monthly article that might be useful for my long-languishing Blogs as Writerly Spaces project, not to mention for English 516 or English 444. Or not– I haven’t had a chance to read it yet…..
I'm a writer and a professor at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. You can learn more than you want to learn about me by clicking on "about." You can contact me by sending email to skrause at emich dot edu.I'm also "sitedad" at EMUTalk.org, which is an unofficial blog for and about the community at EMU.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Enough with the “no laptops in classrooms” already
- Talking Back to the EMU-AAUP About Yik-Yak
- Salaita and the limits (or lack thereof) of academic speech on social media
- In which I needlessly weigh in on academic searches and “the humanities”
- A short vacation post about academics on Twitter, @saragoldrickrab, and what our students don’t know
- ASU’s edX MOOC deal: Lots of links and a few thoughts
- Wanted: Assistant Professor, Rhetoric and Writing with an Emphasis in Technical Communication