I know that there was a discussion of this on the WPA-L mailing list– at least I think there was because I haven’t had time to read that mail lately– but I thought I’d post a link now that I found it via the NCTE Inbox: “Is the semicolon girlie?” from Salon.com. I can see this as a little bit of fluff to add to English 328, actually.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- That horrible and strange article about writing by John G. Maguire
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- EMU's President's House Cost $3.5 Million (well, unless you really want to count that other $1.5 million…)
- “We are all writers now”
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Ave Maria, Florida: A brief photo tour
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?