From the NCTE Inbox comes this Richmond Times-Dispatch article, “Study: Laptop use tied to higher student scores: About 14,550 Henrico County high schoolers are utilizing computers.” Yet another example of an article that I might include in English 516, though it seems you can throw a brick out a window and hit an article that comes up with whatever conclusion you want about the successes or failures of laptops in the schools programs.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
- Ave Maria, Florida: A brief photo tour