Via the Web Worker Daily (and I got the point here from the techrhet email list), “Who Needs Photoshop? 6 Free Graphics App Gems,” which is just that. It’s interesting how much this free/share/open source -ware has flourished. When I was first teaching classes like “Writing for the World Wide Web,” I always spent a fair amount of time on Dreamweaver and PhotoShop under the theory that students needed to have some working knowledge of these packages to do stuff for the class, even though students generally couldn’t afford to get this software legally. Nowadays, that stuff really isn’t that necessary, is it?
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later