While surfing about this morning, I came across a promo for a film called “The Last Calligraphers,” which is coming out this summer and which is a documentary about the only newspaper in Asia (maybe the world, I don’t know) written by hand. It’s been running since 1927. They do ultimately convert what they write into plates and print it, but the way that they “get it down” is kind of cool.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
- Here’s what I think grades mean; what do you think?