This has been one of those weeks where stuff has piled up and then cascaded by me. One thing after another, and yet, not really that much of significance at the same time. If that makes sense. The one thing that I did learn/remind myself about is that “time management” with any kind of release time, sabbatical lite or otherwise, because I felt like I spent way WAY too much time getting my class in line, way WAY too little time working on my sabbatical lite project, and basically no time blogging.
So, in an effort to at least get caught up on the blogging, I offer a variety of links to stuff I’ve been reading lately:
- Something that I haven’t played with yet but that looks potentially valuable: PDF Hammer.
- Here’s a link to a conference that would be cool but that I am unlikely to go to….
- This might be a good novel, but even better is the web site. Maybe?
- On EMUTalk.org, I have been pushing the no-brainer idea of EMU outsourcing its email. I am glad that the Community College Dean agrees with me.
- Why We do Dumb or Irrational Things: 10 Brilliant Social Psychology Studies, from PsyBlog. Not the sort of thing I would normally post here, but kind of interesting nonetheless.
And then today, I came across a couple of handy videos. First, there’s this one on Facebook:
Kind of interesting, though some of the connections they’re making here between the Facebook crowd and the CIA seem like they might be a bit of a stretch to me.
And, on a more cheerful note, this CommonCraft video about Online Photo Sharing:
Definitely a teachable moment here….