Via danah boyd, I’ve learned that the John D. and Catherine MacArthur Foundation of a series of books out on Digital Media and Learning, and, better yet, the articles in these edited collections are available for free here. I will have to do some browsing, but I think my timing in discovering these pieces is pretty good– I’m trying to put together as much of a syllabus/reading list for English 516 as I can before I get out of town for the holidaze. This, combined with some good advice I got from tech-rhet the other day, might just about do it.
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations on
- Academic Partnerships, “False EMU” in the news, and finding a concluding “hook” to my book project on
- The random opportunities of an alt-ac career path on
- Where was I? Oh yeah, MOOCs on
- That horrible and strange article about writing by John G. Maguire on
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- That horrible and strange article about writing by John G. Maguire
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- EMU's President's House Cost $3.5 Million (well, unless you really want to count that other $1.5 million…)
- “We are all writers now”
- Ave Maria, Florida: A brief photo tour
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?