Resaurant Review: Grizzly Peak Brewing Company
What and Where:
Grizzly Peak Brewing Company | 120 W Washington Street | Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (734) 741-7325
Ratings (1=terrible, 5=mind-blowingly great)
Price (1=super cheap, 5=super expensive): 3.5
General vibe: 4
Comments (as of 4/20/06)
- It’s been a while since I’ve posted a restaurant review here, largely because of my latest adventures in dieting. Well, we decided to take some dieting liberties on Wednesday night and accompany Steve B. and his wife Michelle out for an impromtu dinner. It was quasi-diet friendly… not counting the beer… or, for me, the mashed potatoes…. And to make matters worse, I’m taking a “diet break” this afternoon and evening too. Oh well; back on the wagon on Saturday.
- There are actually a couple of other brew-pubs in Ann Arbor, but Grizzly Peak is the one we always go to. Perhaps we should give the others a chance (though I have eaten at the Ann Arbor Brewing Company before– I wasn’t impressed). Well, ideas for future reviews….
- As my numbers might suggest, Grizzly Peak is consistent and consistently good. I can’t recall a bad meal I’ve had there, to tell the truth. Some of my favorites include the ribs, the fish n’ chips, the steaks, the burgers, and the pizzas. Trying for something a bit more “diet friendly,” I went for a chicken dish that included some mashed potatoes, which means I probably would ahve been better off with a steak or something.
- Prices vary quite a bit here– $6 or $7 for a sandwich (they have a great lunch deal for around that price that includes half a sandwich and a cup of their very good beer and cheddar cheese soup), $20 for the whole steak thing.
- We hadn’t been in a while because they took Annette’s favorite dish, a vegetarian burger, off the menu. They still have a salad she likes plenty. Which reminds me that I probably should have taken that approach the other night because they have a number of dinner salad kinds of meals.
- And of course there is the beer, which I find to be pretty good though not great. I personally tend toward the steelhead red. Steve B. enjoyed the porter. I’ve come in before and gotten the “sampler,” which is a pretty good deal if you are feeling in decisive and/or in the mood to drink a fair amount of beer.
- It’s a very “family friendly” kind of place, though I don’t think was too crazy about the hamburger he ordered this past time. Too much bun.
This entry was posted in Dining and Coffee Reviews
. Bookmark the permalink