Restaurant Review: Paesono’s
What and Where:
Paesano’s | 3411 Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48104 | (734) 971-0484
Ratings (1=terrible, 5=mind-blowingly great)
Price (1=super cheap, 5=super expensive): 3.5
General vibe: 3.5
Comments (as of 2/9/06)
- Paesono’s is the quintessential “okay” to “pretty good” restaurant to me: there’s nothing really spectacular about this place, but there’s nothing at all horrible about it, either. More often than not, I’ve had pretty good food– not great, but pretty good.
- They have all the usual red sauce Italian food at work, but you’re better off getting the specials here, even though they might seem a little odd. Annette and I (and then, after we went there, some people I went to dinner with from work) had an appetizer of shredded brussel sprouts with proscuitto and a bit of risotto in the middle. Sounds weird, right? Very very good, and I don’t care if you don’t like brussel sprouts.
- On the other hand, I’ve also had food that can only be described as mediocre and/or not at all worth it.
- Great deals on wine– they pride themselves on this, and they ought to.
- We’ve always had very nice (and basically good) service. One time, Annette and I went there before a movie or something, and we split an entree that we had to send back, something that is very unusual for us. That sort of thing happens, and they just bent over backwards to make us happy, which they did.
This entry was posted in Dining and Coffee Reviews
. Bookmark the permalink