From the September 16 CHE comes this narrative by Bill Lavender, who runs a creative writing program at the University of New Orleans. Pretty scary stuff; I’m glad that he and his girlfriend got out of there, and I of course wish him and all the folks in NOLA and all academic-types (happy and otherwise) good luck and a speedy return.
stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- That horrible and strange article about writing by John G. Maguire
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- EMU's President's House Cost $3.5 Million (well, unless you really want to count that other $1.5 million…)
- “We are all writers now”
- Ave Maria, Florida: A brief photo tour
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?