stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- Here’s what I think grades mean; what do you think?
Category Archives: Internet
The other day on Facebook, I wrote: I’ll say this about Hilary’s email mess: lots of people (some of my colleagues, lots of my students) don’t think it’s important to discuss and teach things like “how to send an email” … Continue reading
Oy. Laptops are evil. Again. This time, it comes from “Leave It in the Bag,” an article in Inside Higher Ed, reporting on a study done by Susan Payne Carter, Kyle Greenberg, and Michael S. Walker, all economists at West Point … Continue reading
Remember Weird Al? Yeah, me neither. Well, no– that’s not true. Of course I “remember” Weird Al from lots of different parodies over the years, all the way back to “My Bologna” to “Like a Surgeon” to his latest releases that … Continue reading
This morning, I watched a few of the Sunday morning news shows, and part of the discussion is about the various riots across the Muslim world that came about from this movie (or a part of this movie), Innocence of Muslims. … Continue reading
There’s been a couple of interesting developments in higher education news in the last couple of days that has me thinking more about how the “education” part of things in colleges and universities actually works. First, there’s the announcement that … Continue reading
The other day on the WPA-L mailing list (this is the main electronic mailing list/exchange in the composition and rhetoric world), Bump Halbritter announced the CCC Online, version (edition?) 1.1. Here’s a link to the public table of contents. Since … Continue reading