stevendkrause on TwitterMy Tweets
Most Popular Posts This Year
- What I Learned from My Crappy Student Evaluations
- The end of the semester and a response to “The End of the College Essay”
- Racist Vandalism at EMU– Where is EMU President James Smith?
- More than three reasons why the five paragraph essay is bad
- As Koller Exits Coursera, Thinking About What’s Next with MOOCs in Context
- “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”
- Blog ads as ironic comment? or just out of the blogger's control?
- So, what do we know about EMU’s new president, James M. Smith?
- An Open Letter/Blog Post About Sports at EMU
- My iPad and “killer apps” for academics, almost four years later
Category Archives: Computers, technology, etc.
The other day on Facebook, I wrote: I’ll say this about Hilary’s email mess: lots of people (some of my colleagues, lots of my students) don’t think it’s important to discuss and teach things like “how to send an email” … Continue reading
Oy. Laptops are evil. Again. This time, it comes from “Leave It in the Bag,” an article in Inside Higher Ed, reporting on a study done by Susan Payne Carter, Kyle Greenberg, and Michael S. Walker, all economists at West Point … Continue reading
In defense of machine grading?!?! Well, no, not really. But I thought I’d start a post with a title like that. You know, provocative. There has been a bit of a ruckus on WPA-L for a while now in support of a … Continue reading
I’ve been pretty crazy-busy this semester because I took on too much and because there were things I could not refuse. So the blog has been pretty neglected lately, mostly because I’ve been thinking and writing about online stuff and … Continue reading
I have a post in mind about what is good about the MOOC thing as far as I can tell and I think I’m going to be proposing something with Bill HD and some others about MOOCs for ATTW. But … Continue reading
I’ve been teaching at least some of my classes online since 2005 and I’ve been using various other online tools (what I’ve heard described as “blended” learning, whatever that means) for a lot longer than that. But I’ve never taken … Continue reading
We’re getting ready to do the family holiday thing around here (first to Iowa, then to Florida– an unusual “duel parental visit” Christmas season trip), and I’ve decided more or less on the spur of the moment to not take … Continue reading
There’s an article coming out in the Ann Arbor News this Sunday where they interviewed me about the community blog I run as one of my (too) many side projects, EMUTalk.org. They needed a head-shot of me and I don’t … Continue reading
I found this via boing-boing while looking for something else: The Kowal Portable Typewriter and Adding Machine, which is the creation of one Mary Robinette Kowal, who is a professional puppeteer and sometime writer. I wouldn’t want to copy exactly … Continue reading