Wow, it’s been a weird one, huh? Just off the top of my head:
- First, we’ve got David Carradine, probably (maybe?) from autoerotic asphyxiation. Which, for at least a few days anyway, had me wondering: could it really be that much better than just, um, normal autoeroticism? Anyway, I was never a big fan of the kung fu stuff he did, but I thought he was great in the Kill Bill movies.
- Then, quite a bit later, Ed McMahon. Wikipedia says he was born in Detroit; go figure. Always did like the original Tonight Show with Johnny and the chortling Ed, and I will admit to watching plenty of episodes of TV Bloopers and Practical Jokes back in the 1980s. Never watched much of Star Search, but there were a lot of pretty famous (now) people on that show, actually.
- Farah Fawcett of course, and while I always thought this was a great poster, I kinda liked Cheryl Ladd better on Charlie’s Angels. She had been sick for a long time, so it wasn’t exactly a surprise she had died. On the other hand….
- There is the gloved one (more than enough said, and I was never much of a fan), and…
- Billy Mays. Really?! Billy Mays? It’s too early to tell, but
it would appear that he might have died after luggage fell on his head during a not so great airplane landingit was probably a heart attack/just one of those things. I’m not really a fan of the infomercial format or even his commercials, but I kind fo liked this show on Discovery called Pitchmen.
Man, I hope that next month is a little less weird….