I have been meaning to post this for a while now, but things have been busy busy busy. In any event, here’s a picture of the fountain that I build for Annette for Mother’s Day. Big flowerpot, hole in the bottom with weird sealant stuff, a pump kit, some rocks, some water plants, some water. That’s about it.
Other home improvement things I performed last week that you might not have guessed I was capable of include the following:
- Replaced a spark plug in my lawn mower, and now it runs like a champ. (I’m considering going “all the way” at this point by also changing the oil and sharpening the blade).
- Replaced a broken fluorescent light fixture in our bedroom closet without instructions. Okay, with instructions I had to download from the web, but still.
- Cleaned garage to the point where my father and father in-law would be proud or at least reasonably happy. This involved, among other things, taking back about $30 worth of cans and bottles.
- Managed (finally!) to get rid of the back seat from the van that was stolen from the street in front of our house a few years back. How? I put it out on the curb and a couple days later, a couple dudes in a pick-up came and got it. Indeed, I am considering an experiment in which we keep putting junk out on the curb and see how long it takes for it to be claimed by some wondering junk man/collector.
- Much gardening, which may or may not be “manly,” depending on your POV.
So far though, I have not managed to finish the home improvements around this site, as you can see. But this will happen sooner than later, I hope.