We made it back from our Iowa Christmas this afternoon. A good time was had by one and all. Here’s a brief recap:
- Lotsa driving, though pretty uneventful.
- I watched more pro football in two or so days than I have in about three years (which is not to say I actually watched that much pro football).
- The zenith of the weekend was Christmas eve, which featured my parents, my three sisters, their spouses, and a total of seven grandchildren, with the oldest being eight. Much yelling and running about. Wisely, my parents actually got a hotel room to create more space in the homestead for the kids and a, ah, quiet place for themselves.
- Gift highlights (for Will) include a deluxe version of Risk (thanks Sarah and Steve).
- Annette and I went out for drinks Christmas night at a pretty nice martini bar with some old friends who live in Chicago. A good time was had by one and all, and again I was reminded that Cedar Falls has come a long way from my youth.
- Grandpa Dan and Will went to see the Harlem Globetrotters the night before we left town. Who knew they were still around? Actually, according to the web site, it turns out that there are two touring teams and they just started their tour this last week.
Anyway, now we’re back home and we’ll be having our own little Christmas around here tomorrow night.
2 thoughts on “Back from an Iowa Christmas”
I hope the Generals finally defeated those damned ‘Trotters. I mean, really, I’m starting to think the games are fixed.
I’ve lost more money betting on the Generals than you would believe. Some day they will pull off an upset.