When Annette, who generally mocks me for keeping a blog, says to me “jeez, when are you going to update your unofficial blog?” I guess it is time for me to post.
Sorry for the delay, but it’s been a busy and yet fun time around here, holidays-wise lately. Just to provide a few “need to know” info-bits about how we’ve been celebrating in the Krause-Wannamaker household:
- We set up the tree mentioned in the previous post, sang a few songs, moved on with the rest of our lives.
- Annette spent probably too much time wrestling with the lights on the tree (which didn’t work at first, somewhat to my amusement).
- We went to see a production of Pinocchio at EMU last weekend. I was trying to find something on the web that linked to it, but with little luck. This doesn’t surprise me because it seems like a kind of badly promoted production. But it was a very entertaining show, told in the “panto” tradition (at least as it is practiced in the UK). It’s coming up this coming weekend, and I’d highly recommend it if you have a chance to see it.
- We went to the Michigan Theater and saw It’s a Wonderful Life on the big screen. Lots of fun, and interesting for several different reasons. First off, it’s nice to see It’s a Wonderful Life “commercial free,” and Annette and I both were pretty sure that we saw things in the big screen version that we haven’t seen since the lat time we bothered to rent the movie. Second, there’s something to be said for the “big screen” aspect of it all. I could go on and on about this, but it’s just cool to see movies that were made to be watched in a movie theater in a movie theater.
- I made my Grandma Krause’s Pepper Nuts. But that’s a different post….